Portraits of Home Care
Portraits of Home Care in Canada 2013
Portraits of Home Care in Canada 2013 (Portraits 2013), the signature publication of the CHCA, is the third edition in the Portraits of Home Care in Canada series.
It provides a straightforward source of essential home care facts and figures on eligibility, access, funding, service models, initiatives, challenges and opportunities.
Information sources for Portraits 2013 included key informants from provincial, territorial and federal governments and published reports.
As governments shift from episodic acute care to long-term chronic care, Portraits 2013 provides critical information to support the role of home care within this transformation. A valuable tool for health policy planners, researchers, administrators and service providers, it provides a straightforward source of essential home care facts and figures on:
- Home care legislation, evolution and priorities
- Access, eligibility and utilization
- Funding trends and delivery models
- Indicators, quality, research and technology
- Human resources and family caregivers
- Initiatives and challenges